Quinoa Salad With Chickpeas and Herbs






Quinoa Salad With Chickpeas and Herbs
Adapted From Cookie and Kate
 
Ingredients:

For the Salad
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
  • 1 cup chopped flat leaf parlsey
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onion (green bits only)
  • 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/3 cup toasted unsalted sunflower seeds

For the Dressing
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 1 large clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • fresh cracked pepper to taste 

Method:

  1. Cook your quinoa. Place the quinoa and water over high heat until boiling. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed and the quinoa has exploded and fluffed up a bit. 
  2. While your quinoa is cooking prep your veg and other ingredients! Chop up the spinach, green onions, and parsley, add the sunflower seeds, feta, and chickpeas. 
  3. When the quinoa is done set aside to cool a bit before adding to the bowl with your salad fixin's. 
  4. Get cracking on the dressing! Just add everything together and whisk!
  5. Add the quinoa and drizzle your delicious dressing all over everything. Chill in the fridge or consume as is.

I'M BACK BABY! It's been too long!

There's been a lot of traveling and cooking on the road, as well as some photos and good intentions but no actual blog posts (sorry).

But YOU GUYS. I am so excited about this recipe I'm literally writing this while I'm still eating it. I'm telling you, after a long day of work, with a sinus infection brewing and rumbling belly, this was honestly the last thing I wanted to do. But I'm so glad I did! I had the perfect amount of time to prep the salad ingredients while the quinoa was cooking, and then I prepared the dressing while the quinoa rested and cooled. Now I have lunches to pack (and maybe a light dinner) for the rest of the week! The best part is that this is absolutely the kind of salad that just gets better and better every day it sits in the fridge.

Also, please don't be afraid of the tahini. I've never actually known what it was and at this point in my life I felt like it was too late to actually ask. But turns out it's just ground up sesame y'all! WHO KNEW!? Like peanut butter but more sesame...y. Yummy!

P.S. I've been thinking of a new feature to add on my posts. I always listen to music when I cook, so I am going to start including a song that I've listened to while cooking each recipe at the end of each post.

Your cooking playlist taste for this post was brought to you by Lack Of Afro. Enjoy!



Comments