Thai Red Curry Pork





Thai Red Curry Pork
Adapted from Do You Even Paleo?

Ingredients
  • 1 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk
  • 1 jar premade Thai Red Curry sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (or more to taste)
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 large bell pepper
  • 1 medium yellow onion
  • 1 pork tenderloin (around 1 lb. but a little extra will do)
  • 1 cup fresh torn basil leaves
  • juice from 1/2 a lime
  • cooked rice

Method

  1. Pour the red curry sauce and coconut milk into a large skillet. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
  2. Add the bell peppers and onions and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the veggies slightly soften, around 6 minutes or so. 
  3. Add the pork and cook on medium-low heat until pork is tender and cooked all the way through. This took me around 15-20 minutes. 
  4. Add basil leaves and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Serve on top of cooked rice. *

*Note: I made Basmati rice for this recipe, and right before I covered the rice to simmer I added a tablespoon of coconut oil and a pinch of salt for added flavor.




I did it! I finally made a quick and easy curry that I am happy with! How did I do it you ask?

I cheated. Like, a lot.

The original recipe calls this a "quick" Thai Red Curry and so I simply took that to the next level by purchasing a bottle of pre-made Thai Red Curry sauce at Trader Joes. I wasn't kidding about the cheating part.

I never am able to find fish sauce and all of the correct spices I need for curry, and I'm sure I could order them off of Amazon or search some of the local Asian food markets, but that requires planning and forethought, of which I have almost zero of when I am hungry and craving some homemade curry. The pre-made sauce was actually quite good and was pretty easy to doctor up with some full-fat coconut milk, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic. So yes, it's a short cut, but when do you want curry? Now? Or 4 1/2 hours from now?

Of course you want it now.

This recipe originally called for beef tenderloin, and I swapped it for pork simply because that's what I found at the store. The pork probably took a little bit longer to cook than the beef (since medium-rare pork isn't really a thing) but it was just as yummy! This would also do well with some marinated tofu! Or just veggies. Honestly I would eat this sauce with anything.

The original recipe also called for cauliflower rice but I am clearly not anti-carb so Basmati rice it is.
 I love cauliflower, but rice it AIN'T.

Enjoy this one folks!

Comments